Social Entrepreneurship Exchange Program
Project Catalyst Indonesia
The Public Affairs Section is pleased to announce a Public Affairs -Generated Exchange Program opportunity, “Social Entrepreneurship Exchange Program: Project Catalyst Indonesia” This program is supported by the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy Jakarta and implemented by the Jolkona Foundation. Jolkona is a US-based non-profit organization with experience in developing programs targeting youth social entrepreneurship as well as building and delivering web-based donation models ( www.jolkona.org ).
This program is an intensive two-week US-based training program for 5 (five) young Indonesian social entrepreneurs. In addition to the training program, the social entrepreneurs will get exposure to potential partners, investors, and funders.
- Develop general entrepreneurship skills around pitching, creating business plans, working with effective marketing campaigns, and team building
- Expose the participants to interesting models of social entrepreneurship and social enterprise structures
- Foster job creation in Indonesia and increase social entrepreneurship activities in Indonesia
- Build people-to-people exchanges and partnerships
- Transfer best practices
- Showcase entrepreneurs to potential investors in United States and Indonesia
- Highlight successful social enterprises to motivate more Indonesian youths
- Enhance the understanding of American culture
The program’s specific goal is to provide young Indonesians with tangible skills and opportunities to establish and grow their social enterprises.
- Access to successful social entrepreneurs as one-on-one mentors
- Workshops on storytelling, mission finding, strategy and demand generation
- Tours of innovative nonprofits in the greater Seattle area
- Pitch meetings with investors and funders
- Networking events with key sector influencers
- Experience the scenic Pacific Northwest and homestay with local hosts
Candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, or gender. Competition for Project Catalyst Indonesia is merit-based and open to founders of an active social enterprise who meet the following criteria:
- Between the ages of 18 and 30 years old
- Citizens of Indonesia
- Currently living and working in Indonesia
- Able to participate in the full program (i.e. spend 2 weeks in June in Seattle)
- Able to receive a U.S. J-1 visa (Individuals who have participated in an exchange visitor program sponsored or funded by the U.S. Government and who have not fulfilled their two-year home residency requirement by the time of application are not eligible for this program);
- Proficient in spoken and written English at the time of application
We would greatly appreciate assistance from you in disseminating program information to potential applicants. The application deadline is Friday, February 28, 2014. Applicants should submit their application directly to Jolkona via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org . The application and additional information for the Project Catalyst Indonesia Program is available online at: https://jolkona.livestories.com/inspire/project-catalyst .
Should you have any questions concerning the program, please contact me ( YoungS@state.gov ) or Shita Dewi ( DewiSN@state.gov ) via email or telephone at (021) 3435-9525.